Monday, January 10, 2011

Blueberry Bread and a new book

Well, keeping the NYR of blogging seems to be a challenge. I will keep trying. I have officially been back to work for one week and it has been crazy. I am so fortunate to have my niece, Sophie, here for the week watching W. It is so nice not to have to get him up to go to the sitter's. It is even better that I have those extra minutes that are usually taken up by pick up and drop off.

Tonight while our dinner was baking in the oven, Sophie, W and I decided to make some blueberry bread....yum! This is the best recipe ever, given to me by Pam at gingergirl. When I got married, nearly 10 years ago, I had a recipe shower. Every guest was asked to bring a favorite recipe. This is the one she shared. I think it is the brown sugar that makes this so wonderful.

Blueberry Bread
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2/3 cup oil
1 egg
1 cup sour milk or buttermilk
2 3/4 cup sifted flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups blueberries
Topping
1 cup sugar
1 TBL butter
cinnamon to taste

Mix all ingredients except topping in order given. Pour into 2 greased bread pans. Mix topping until crumbly and sprinkle over top of loaves.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

Wait for bread to cool and enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea! My bread is cooling right now. I will post a picture of the finished product tomorrow.



Although I am slacking on some of my NYRs, I have kept up with my reading. I finished my last book and am on to a new one. This is a book that the book club at my local library is reading. The group is meeting for the discussion on January 20th. I had better get reading. I am a fan of mysteries, so I hope this is a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment